Saturday 10 October 2015

Well, I should probably start training soon

Hey!

I will be taking part in the 2016 London Marathon, which I'm sure will be a bit of a surprise to those of you who know me and my penchant for chip shop based challenges rather than running based challenges. I will be running in aid of Childreach International, a fantastic charity who do a lot of great work.

Childreach International work globally to improve access to health care, education and to restore the rights of children. They are also vital in responding to disasters in countries such as Nepal, where an earthquake in April this year devastated whole communities.

If the above sounds vaguely familiar, my girlfriend Mhairi trekked the Great Wall for this charity in 2012, raising £5'200, let's see if we can smash that!

I just wanted to have this blog as a way of tracking my training, hopefully it will be at times funny or encouraging to people who want to do something like this but, like me, don't really know where to start or if they can do it.

I would be very grateful if you could spare anything you have to help a great cause, you can donate here: https://mydonate.bt.com/fundraisers/callummccormack1?



No comments:

Post a Comment